Globe Valves Manufacturer
A Globe valve is a linear motion valve and is primarily designed to stop, start, and regulate flow. The disk of a Globe valve can be totally removed from the flow path or it can completely close the flow path.
Conventional Globe valves may be used for isolation and throttling services. Although these valves exhibit slightly higher pressure drops than straight through valves (e.g., gate, plug, ball, etc.), they may be used where the pressure drop through the valve is not a controlling factor.
Globe valve is used in applications where variable pressure is required in the pipeline such as emergency bilge suction line etc. It can also be used as a nonreturn valve. The type of valve where the disc is not attached to the spindle is called a screw-down non-return valve. This type of valves is used for preventing back flooding. The type of valve wherein the disc is attached to the spindle is known as the screw lift type valve.
• Good shutoff capability
• Moderate to good throttling capability
• Shorter stroke (compared to a gate valve)
• Available in tee, wye, and angle patterns, each offering unique capabilities
• Easy to machine or resurface the seats
• With disc not attached to the stem, the valve can be used as a stop-check valve